When selling, buying or letting residential or commercial property, most people use estate agents. However estate agents do sometimes make mistakes which can sometimes prove very expensive indeed.
Claims against negligent estate agents seem to be on the rise. An investigation by a London law firm uncovered a significant increase in the number of professional negligence claims made in respect of overvaluing property in 2009 – when there were 25 such cases, compared to just a single case over the previous 5 years.
Compensation will however only be ordered against any negligent estate agents if their negligence actually caused their client real financial loss.
Making a professional negligence claim against a negligence estate agent is a highly specialised area of law and you need to be sure that any solicitor you instruct knows what they’re doing. Our specialist professional negligence solicitors have experience and will be frank with you about whether your potential claim has any real chances of success.
Types of claims against Negligent Estate Agents
Common areas of professional negligence by estate agents and valuers include:
- Failing to manage the sale procedure properly.
- A negligent overvaluation of residential property dropping in value following falls in house prices in the recession.
- Errors in the overvaluation of commercial premises which means the property takes longer to sell and advertising costs increase.
- Providing misleading information to others which is then relied on in the sale or purchase of property.
- Failing to properly examine a property.
- Failing to inform and advise a client about significant changes in the market which could affect any valuation.
No Win No Fee Professional Negligence Claims
We offer conditional fee arrangements (better known as no win no fee agreements) for appropriate professional negligence claims against negligent estate agents
Lost out through a Negligent Estate Agent? Contact Us Today
Wherever you live in the UK , if the negligence of your estate agent has cost you money, contact our specialist solicitors. We can advise you either by phone or e-mail, or by meeting in our Hampshire, Wiltshire and Dorset offices.
For a FREE phone advice about making your professional negligence claim against a Negligent Estate Agent;
- please call our team now on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or
- email us using the contact form below: